It’s almost a month that I never post any tutorial because I’m busy with my current job as a web developerJ. But I hope you’re still visiting my iapdesign photoshop tutorial blog.
So for today I’ll be posting my tutorial that I made just today, this Photoshop Tutorial is very easy to do and will just take less than an hour to create. My tutorial for today is creating a leaf text effects with the in adobe photoshop cs5.
FINAL RESULT: How to Create Leaf Text Effects in Photoshop CS5 by iapdesign
- YOU JUST NEED TO FOCUS :).
- JUST FOLLOW ALL THE STEPS AND YOU CAN CREATE YOUR CUSTOMIZE TEXT EFFECTS.
- HAVE FUN!
1. Create a new document, click the small icon below for creating a new layer and named it “BG”.
Apply now a Gradient Tool (by pressing G on your keyboard). Setup your gradient tool like the image below.
2. Create your text now, for this tutorial I will use “IAPDESIGN”, to access your Text Tool (press T in your keyboard), for the color of your text used #74af10.
3. So let’s apply some effects in your text using the blending options, Make sure your IAPDESIGN text layer is selected. Click the small icon fx it will show a pop up box and select the Inner Shadow. You can used any variation/ settings you want.
Inner Shadow Settings
Blend Mode: Multiply
Contour: Saw Tooth 1
4. Alright let’s move on now for the creations of real leaf from scratch that we are going to incorporate in our text effect. Stay focus and have funJ.
We are going to used now the Pen Tool (press P in your keyboard). When you already select your pen tool click the Shape Layers in the upper part of your toolbar.
And start creating your leaf set the color of the leaf #74af10. see the image below!
After you’re done in your leaf, let’s apply some gradient overlay. Click the fx icon again and select the Gradient Overlay and setup your color settings from left to right accordingly. In the left side of the image set the color: #669f04 and for the right side of the image color: #92e701.
After the Gradient Overlay, let’s move in the Bevel and Emboss effects. The settings for this are the following.
Bevel and Emboss Settings:
Style: Inner Bevel
Highlight Mode: Screen
Shadow Mode: Multiply
5. After applying some effects in your base leave, let’s start now adding some details to make it real leaf. Use your Pen Tool (P) to create a small vine in your leaf.
Add some effects again using the gradient overlay by clicking the fx icon.
Repeat the process in STEP 5 until you get something like this, see the image below.
I hope you follow all the steps in creating the leaf. We are almost done my friend, the next step is incorporating this leaf to our Text “IAPDESIGN” that we create a while ago.
6. Make sure that you put the entire layer in a separate group folder.
( If you don’t know how to do that then try to click all the layers let say all layers for your leaf, after you select all the leaf layers in your keyboard press (CTRL+G) and name it as you like).
After you do that, let’s try to place your leaf in our text. See the image below. You can resize it depends on your text and how big/small your leaf is.
Just repeat all the process in STEP 6 after your done your text should look most likely with my image below.
7. To add some effects I will add some reflection in my Leaf Text Effects. I Group all the layers and merge it. After I merged the entire layers. I add vector mask on it and add some gradient effects.
Voila, It’s done. SHARE IT GUYS.. Just Comment below if you have questions.